Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
Hello everyone.

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Hello everyone.

Hello, I'm 15 and I've had CFS for three years, going on 4. I hate my life. It *****. People don't understand how hard it is. I like to keep to myself and not talk about my personal expriences to people. And when it comes to people, there are always those people who think you're faking it, and they don't know how much it hurts. Everyone thinks you're doing it for the attention or you're lucky because you can't do sport. Anyway, I won't go into details, but I've had a pretty tough time. I was here today to ask you how you dealt with your experience of CFS, because I really need a mood-lifter. Thank you.  
The effectiveness of treatments depends on how CFS affects you. Early diagnosis, balancing rest with activity, medication to control certain symptoms and self-help measures can all help.
Cognitive behavior therapy, graded exercise therapy and activity management are quite helpful. Over-the-counter painkillers can help to ease any muscle and joint pain and headaches you may have. Antidepressants can be useful for people with CFS who are in pain or having trouble sleeping.
You should avoid alcohol, caffeine, sugar and sweeteners and other food and drink that you are sensitive to.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.