Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
How do I know if I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
About This Community:

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How do I know if I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I am very tired all the time (im 27 years old) It takes me a long time to even get out of bed & if I didn't make myself I could sleep all day. At any point in time if I sit long enough or lay long enough I can fall asleep. Even things I enjoy like shopping and playing with my niece really tire me out. I also have pain all over, yet that does come and go. I have bipolar disorder and I am on meds for it..but ive been on them for sometime now and I dont think its that bc it didn't effect me like this when I started taking them more than 7 years ago. I feel like I'm an old woman who can't keep up with my boyfriend or friends bc I get so wore out. Everyone says its bc I take alot of meds but most are at night & the ones in the morning are not that strong (Neurontin, zoloft and lamictal: am meds) So how do I know for sure if I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4451049_tn?1387157037
Hi~
How long do you sleep straight, before you even awake?
Blank
5082295_tn?1371254511
Could b 12 or more hrs when I go to bed at night
Blank
4451049_tn?1387157037
Being on all that medication, it's really hard to say. Fatigue can obviously be caused be a wide range of things. But I'd have routine labs with thyroid profile included to rule everything out first. You can order your own labs online for fairly cheap, which is what I ended up doing.

I'm 29 and was actually at a point not too long ago where I was actually sleeping 20 hours straight. When I was awake I would constantly forget what I was saying in mid sentence and was in a complete daze. I was a disaster, often spacing out behind the wheel. I don't have a CFS diagnoses, nor am I a doctor but I've been on a mission for many years to figure out why I'm so completely exhausted at my age and the list is endless. I still cannot function without medication but I still don't think I'm at the level I should be.

CFS/ME is a horrible, debilitating, multisystemic disease with a poor prognoses. There is really no definitive test you can get. It often results in decreased CD56 NK cell activity and increased IL2r levels but IDK what other diseases may alter those levels as well so I wouldn't count on it..

Maybe look into Lyme Disease.

Blank
5082295_tn?1371254511
Yeah thats exactly how I feel. Its awful..but I am on alot of meds so no doc is believing its something else...but before I was always tired. I could sleep all day..& I'm not working more & it just seems to much and they will not get passed the fact im on meds...but really the morning meds dont cause drowsyness..only my sleeping meds do. I just dont know..hoping to find a different doc to test me for something :( will see
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...