Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
Is there a test for this?

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Is there a test for this?

Every day I have 'episodes' that have consistent symptoms and onset. First I'll start to feel a bit weary, possibly yawning, and then within a few minutes the symptoms will become overwhelming to the point where I have to lie down or I get physically sick and stumble about.

Symptoms:

Mental fatigue.
Physical weakness.
Sore eyes.
Blocked sinuses and sinus pressure.
Rising body temperature.
Arrhythmia.
Laboured breathing.

Closing eyes and lying down brings immediate physical and mental relief. Relaxing and breathing while lying down for ten to fifteen minutes usually relieves symptoms for several hours. Not lying down to rest exacerbates all symptoms to the point of dizziness and nausea.

Symptoms occur randomly throughout the day when at rest or when exercising. Sometimes a pattern will emerge for a week or two where the initial onset is at a similar time during the day (usually within 2-4 hours of waking). Most days, however, it can occur randomly. Sometimes only briefly during the mornings and after a nap will not reoccur for most of the rest of the day. Other times it's every couple of hours throughout the entire day.

I've had an allergy test without being found allergic to anything. Anti-histamines and steroid nasal sprays do not alleviate symptoms. I've had a blood test for B12 deficiency, tryglycerides, and thyroid related issues and nothing stood out.

I suffer from severe sleep apnea (81 AHI), but I use a CPAP machine nightly with good (consistent 3 AHI average and every other stat in 'good' ranges). My sleep doctor, however, has said that these symptoms have nothing to do with sleep apnea.
All these symptoms can be due to poor sleep. Is the mask of correct size and shape? A CPAP mask should fit the face snuggly to avoid air leak but not so tight that is feels uncomfortable or causes pain.

If allergic to silicone, try a mask made from materials like synthetic rubber or vinyl. Several masks on the market now are made out of gel-like material. Another mask now has an inflatable cushion that lets the wearer adjust the fit and prevent leaks.

Nasal pillows are another option. Instead of wearing a triangular mask, the user inserts into the nostrils two small flexible pieces (shaped somewhat like mushroom caps) that are attached to a plastic adapter that is in turn attached to the tubing.
Another thing that is important is that units must be checked regularly for wear and tear and kept clean.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.