M.E/CFS CLIMATE CHANGES
Everyone seems to have different symptoms with their M.E/CFS does anyone find that their pain levels and exhaustion levels decreases in warmer weather and is extremely severe in winter months?
Hi, you're right. No 2 people experience the same thing and some have some symptoms while some have others. Speaking only for myself, because of the wobbly valve to do with body temperature re. M.E., I find I just can't get warm in the winter. Everyone's immune system is depleted when they get cold, and a lower body temperature would probably be the reason for the increased exhaustion we feel. I am not a doc but it sounds logical. Also I think that anyone with pain would feel worse in the colder weather. I also feel worse when the seasons change. If it gets warmer I do feel better but if it gets too hot (ha ha, in the Uk? about 3 days a year!) I can't move and feel like I have heatstroke  without the fever. I look out of the window and see people being completely normal and just can't understand how they can stand it.
I hope you are having a good day today, and if not, that it will be better tomorrow. Take care
I do hope you
Thank you for your message. It's a little confusing as on the websites it will say you can be affected by heat and cold. It doesn't say about one affecting people more than the other so it's nice to hear from other sufferers to see how the illness personally affects them. But as I have other conditions anaemia, reynauld's and low b12. I personally prefer hotter climates to improve my symptoms.
Take care
As a  long time ME./CFIDS  women, I believe my body as been transformed into a barometer! My pain begins to elevate before the weather report. I swell and all FM spots hurt. My inflammatory symptoms are out of sight   When the front fully arrives, my symptoms start to ease. I just have to ride it out.