Morning fatigue

Since several months, it is hard for me to wake up, no matter how long I splet. However, it seems that I have a good sleep; sometimes, I can sleep during eight or ten hours; in addition, I do not wake up easily at night. But the fatigue is almost always there. It is not terrible, because I am always able to wake up with efforts, but I think these symptoms were less significant before. I must add that this fatigue arises only in the morning. I am sometimes exhausted after a long day, like everyone, but overall, I am in a good shape. I must say that I go to bed quite late (generally around 01:00 a.m.), although I wake up late too (around 10:00 a.m.). Another point: the fatigue does not last: it is a difficulty to wake up, but I am progressively better - sometimes after some minutes).

However, this permanent difficulty to wake up is annoying. I have also a seborrheic blepharitis, which contributes to my morning problems (my eyes are painful and quite nasty -- I musth wash them carefully).

I have done some researchs on the Internet, and found nothing very interesting, except the fact that it could be a sign of depression. Indeed, I am not in a good mood since two years (it is sometimes better, but still); I fear to have a disease, I fear to die. Moreover, I am obsessed with success in my job. Can these psychological problems be associated with fatigue? Do you identify specific causes to my problem?

Thank you.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could just be that you are tired and need more sleep. Just give yourself more time to sleep/rest. If the symptoms still do not resolve, then you have to get assessed for sleep disorders. Certain sleep disorders like obstructive sleep apnea can cause disturbed sleep and hence the need to sleep more and morning fatigue. And others like narcolepsy can cause excessive sleepiness per say.

If it persists or is troublesome consult your doctor for assessment.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you very much.

I agree with you: I will seek my doctor if it continues.

The problem is, although I sleep for eight and even ten hours, it is still difficult to wake up.

Sleep apnea is a possibility. Can it be associated with dry mouth upon waking? It is constant with me (it disappears very quickly however). And, perhaps it is derisory, but my hairs are quite tousled, and almost always in the same way.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Early morning headaches, dry mouth, fatigue and daytime sleepiness are all symptoms of sleep apnea. Snoring can also indicate sleep apnea. I would advise you to consult a sleep specialist who would assess with first a sleep questionnaire, and then he may ask for a polysomnogram, which is an overnight sleep study as this helps to detect the apneas. In the meantime you could avoid taking alcohol and try to sleep on your side as this keeps the airways patent. If any nasal blocks try to keep them patent with OTC nasal decongestants. Aim for optimum weight with exercises or long walks.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you very much, I will seek advice to confirm your hypothesis.