Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
Need an answer

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Need an answer

I had my testorone levels checked. My dr said it is low but overall it is good I am confused by this. On the paper it looked like 2 different ranges one range low the other rang good..

Would I need to be treated in this case? He said he would have to check with another dr. It was out of his field. Any reply would be great!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Usually, a test for total testosterone is used for diagnosis of clinical disorders. The total testosterone test measures testosterone that is bound to proteins in the blood (SHBG). If this level is abnormal then a test for free testosterone (available) is done. Based on the results therapy is planned.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.