Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
Need help

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Need help

Well i will try to make this quick, I had my baby 18 months ago and every since having my baby, my health has gotten crazy, i am 36 and feel like my body is aging so quickly. I am a very active mother of two boys, non smoker, non drinker....i try to maintain a very healthy lifestyle. After having my 2nd baby, i was diagnosed with Hashimotos and saw an endocrinologist and go put on synthroid....that has leveled out, in the mean time of going through that about May 2011, I started having fevers with temperatures getting to 104.8. These episodes would last about 24-48 hours, completely draining me, leaving me unable to walk, nausea, severe headache, intense leg and knee pain, heart palpitations, frequent urination, muscle stiffness, intense shaking and just an uneasy feeling. After the 24-48 time period i would feel better and the only thing that was left behind was the joint paint and fatique. These fevers would come every few weeks, most of the time every two weeks to monthly. Now during these fevers i would have my blood work done and the only thing that would show up would be that my neutrophils were low and my protien was elevated at 85...i think that is right and my gammagloubins at around 24.87....keeping in mind these results have not changed over the past year and half, my blood still shows this...

I was then referred to a internal meds doc...she put me throughtest hell, had a CT scan done and showed 3 pulmonary nodules 5-7mm in my lungs...cant remember location, Also was referred to GI specialist and he found nothing, although i have had diarrhea for past year straight. Internal meds doc has not been much help, she thinks chronic fatique syndrome, not sure i agree....my family doc also says this. Then something new happened...May 2012 i thought i had a fever coming on....but instead i developed intense body spasms...coming every couple minutes, husband, all doctors and nurses witnessed these spasms, which they later said were some form of seizures...i was admitted to hospital and watched for 3 day and had EEG which was normal and a MRI which came back normal but with nonspecific scattered foci T2 flair in the Supratentorial whie matter....think i got that right...i only know that because i had to ask for my results, i was prescribed ativan for seizures...nobody seems concerned with it, but i kinda think i am and that t may be related to how i am feeling now.

So fevers have stopped...hopefully, however i am left with intense fatique, weakness in my body, nausea, diarrehea, headaches...brain fog, confusion, blurry vision, heart palpitations, heat intolerance, knee pain, joint pain, shortness of breath...ringing in my ears, back pain...i think i got it all. i did have a pulmonary test and found out i have obstruction in my airways and was prescribed flovent and ventalin to help.

Sorry for the long post, but just hoping someone could give me some advice or talk if your going through anything similar....i have now been diagnosed with Chronic fatique syndrome and a pending lund disease diagnosis, waiting to see respiralogist. i dont agree with CFS, i think my body is trying to tell me someyhing....oh also now my bilirubin has been slightly evelvated for past 3 months.

please help! i feel like i am losing it!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? I'm sorry to hear what you have been through for the past months. Were you able to see your pulmonologist? Do you still have the symptoms that you mentioned? Chronic fatigue syndrome usually refers to continued tiredness that may last for more than 6 months that is not relieved by rest and is not directly caused by other medical conditions. The exact cause  is unknown but it has indeed been associated with viral infection, inflammation in the nervous system, and factors such as age, stress, genetics, environmental factors and previous illnesses.To confirm this diagnosis, further evaluation may need to be done by your attending physician.  Take care and hope to hear from you soon.