Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
RE: Chronic Fatigue

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

RE: Chronic Fatigue

Since 2004, I have been suffering extreme fatigue.....chest CT showed multiple thin wall cysts up to 2.7cm in diameter started in lower left lobe and over the next 24- months to upper left and right lobe......since my last check up in 2009 all of the cysts have resolved.....with extreme breathlessness....male age 45 in 2004.

However my fatigue has not improved to the point of not physically being able to perform my work functions since it requires 50% travel.....my Doctor passed it off as situational life stress issues......and was put on low dose of Prozax 20mg, Provigil and ambien for sleep.....none of this improved the fatigue.

So doctor changed my mess in 2007 to Vyvannse 60mg, dropped the Prozac and kept me on Ambien but started me B12 shots since it was very low in the 220 range....the Vyvannse greatly improved my activity and work productivity significantly even though my body continued to feel worn out.  My Doctor also put me on Crestor since my cholestrol and triglycerides were extremely high......prior to 2004 I was ranked in the top 5 in tennis never had any issues.....I was refered to a Cardio specialist and the heart and cardio scans and doppler readings showed no issues....

In 2008, I went to National Jewish based on the recommendation that the lung disorder was causing it.....they confirm that it was probably it was not related to directly to what was going on.....the lung cysts had resolved and when they did a reactive breathing test to induce it.....it was negative.   This came out in the report as extremely usual.....what they did flag was my TSH level of 5.9 with a low T4 from some of the blood work-ups they did....with my killer T-Cell (3) times the normal range....

My local PCP reviewed the report and noted it but not take preventive or follow-up testing......starting in November of 2010......I can't stay awake and several times unexpectedly go into a very deep sleep for 2 to 4 hours.....my blood work up on February 18th, 2011 by an independent lab testing agency.....liver functions fine, hep functions fine, B12 improved to the 500 range, iron level borderline low/normal, blood palet and related functions normal......cortisol functions all were in the normal range.....however my TSH was 7.1 and my T4 was 1.08...

MCH                low normal range
MCHC             low/normal range
CBC/Patlet     Functions all in normal range
Hep Panel      normal
Iron TIBC       low/normal
Cortisol           normal

Anyone could tell you that you are definitely hypothyroid. You didn't list ranges so it will be hard to pinpoint, but I'm new and I know that tsh is way too high. It would cause fatigue and high cholesterol. Also , is that supposed to be free t4 or total t4?  I'm betting it is free t4. Please post the reference ranges and more people can give you input.  I would see an endocrinologist. Good luck.
Yes- it is free T4.....the only reason my B12 improved was due to injections of B12 shots starting in late 2009....I can take to (2) 70mg Vyannse and take Provigil and not be able to stay awake.....(1) 70mg Vyannse would cause a person to want to clean there home all night long....

Further.....very interesting to other's......I have had 7- CT's, 1- MRI and 1- Bone scan.  Each CT is equal to 500 x-rays......4- CT's were done with contrast dye which is iodine 131 in a very intense concentration inject during the CT in the last two years.....each time I reacted extremely allergic to the dye with my eyes swelling shut, big welts on my face and difficulty breathing.... a positive reaction is almost a 100% indicator of underlying Thyroid disease.....the CT contrast in intense concentrations destroyed my Thyroid due the iodie 131 concentrations......and FYI, it stays in your organs up to 1- months and can be passed to partner through.....you get the idea!!!   So it would have the same effect on a female's ovaries....my wife had one of her ovaries removed becuase it shut down last year.
I'm the same way I can take stimulants and fall asleep! What's even more bizarre is that percocet gives me energy lol. Yeah you should seek out a good endo. I have been the same way cannot even drive to work after 12 hours of sleep without falling asleep even taking 5 hour energy. I'm in so much pain with joint and muscle aches thats why I take percocet.