Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
What is done to obtain a diagnosis??

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

What is done to obtain a diagnosis??

I am exhausted all the time!!!  I'm very depressed so maybe my exhaustion is related to the depression.  How can I find out??  What type of specialist should I see??
Hi there! Hope you are feeling a bit brighter. Depression is the worst illness. If someone offered me  $100,000 to wash up when I was at my worst I just couldn't do it. If I were you I would hold fire on the CFS train and see what happens when you start to feel better from the depression first. Depression affects mind and body. You haven't said whether you are on any meds or having any talking help. I'm not a doctor, this is just an opinion, but, if it is classic clinical depression you'll find that, as you begin to recover, you'll feel  like doing a little more. It's one step forward and then you might have a horrible day. Don't worry. Just hang on to that chink of light and eventually the little bursts will come more regularly. Don't start looking for other stuff, you have enough to cope with. It's a long, hard journey back but with support and inner strength you will get there. Best bet, talk to your doc. I feel for you. x