Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
What is realy going on with this Post Viral Fatigue syndrome?

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

Having been diagnosed with Post Viral Fatigue in October, had a virus end of September, it is now end of December and I've only slightly improved.  The breathlessness is better.  Overall I still get exhausted after say an hour of light work and if I overdo it I almost collapse.  Now I started attending a Herbalist and am being put on a variety of herbals, minerals and vitamins.  Also anti bacteria and anti virals.  My GP, who is very sympathetic, has taken bloods about 4 times now, she is using elimination to make sure there is nothing else going on, and I've undergone numerous tests at the hospital, all is normal!  I intend to keep track of what I take herbal and mineral wise and if I regain my usual vitality and health I will certainly pass on the information.  It is hard when you energy is taken away, even just changing bedclothes I have to do with a rest inbetween!  Work is out of the question right now.  My legs are so wobbly and shaky!  If anyone has helpful and practical advice, please pass it on.  I'm told to pace myself which I find very hard to do.   I've always been a very active person. My question is, what is actually going on with Post Viral Fatigue syndrome?  What damage has been done and to what part of the body?  Has enough research been done into this very debilitating condition?
what was the initial virus you acquired, and what has been ruled out by the 4 blood tests? Post-viral fatigue can be an enduring ailment. Research suggests the duration of post-viral fatigure is related to the severity of the initial infection.
if your doctor hasn't already tested for EBV, this is a common virus resulting in fatigue after infection.
Hi thank you for your reply.  My GP has sent for the usual blood tests and eliminated under active thyroid, lack of Vit B12, iron, and such-like complaints.  Going on how the symptoms are developing, it is now over three months, my GP now thinks that it might be fybromyalgia and is sending me for further assessment.  I was checked in hospital for any virus and they did not find any anymore, this was about one month after I actually had a virus.  It is a waiting game for the moment it seems.
Any update to your condition?  I supposedly had EBV in October, and am still suffering from fatigue and fogginess.  I can go to bed early and still feel tired the next day.  I have had so many tests run and the only indicators are possible EBV infection and low testosterone.  I have been on testosterone replacement (androgel) the last two months which doesn't seem to help.