Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
bs

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

bs

no question cfs is some made up bs by lazy docs that dont want to dig deep for the real answer cfs these are symptoms of something else please people dont settle for cfs as a diagnosis search and research push these docs its your life not theirs
Skinner - CFS, despite a poor acronym, is a legitimate condition.

Many have immune abnormalities of infections, and many - if not all, have one more chronic viral and/or bacterial infections (Herpes infections, tick-borne disease, chlamydia pneumoniae, enteroviruses, and so on).

These patients can be treated for many months of antiviral or antimicrobial treatment without significant progress in their overall condition. But it can help, and some go into remission.

Patients typically have hypoperfusion on a SPECT scan, abnormalities in natural killer (NK) cells, and other immune abnormalities.

While there is no single test to diagnose the condition, there are many lab abnormalities to look for.

There is also a more recent test that some cutting edge CFS practicioners do call a bicycle ergonometry test with VO2 gas analysis. People with true CFS typically do very poorly on this test (unrelated to deconditioning) with a poor response of cortisol and HGH to exercise. A follow-up test (a day later or so) can be a lot worse.

But all that being said, there are lazy docs who will diagnose this condition based on symptoms without doing workup for the many illnesses that can mimic CFS.

It is a diagnosis you should be skeptical of. And if you get such a diagnosis, you'd probably want to consult with a well-recognized CFS specialist to determine whether or not you really have the condition. A good CFS doc can look at a combination lab markers and other tests, and tell you with pretty good confidence whether you have the condition or not.

There have been several clusters in the U.S. and throughout the world  - probably the most significant being in Incline Village, NV and Lyndonville, NY in the 1980s. The original name (and the name I prefer to call the condition) is ME (myalgic encephalomyelitis).
hey-

anonymous680- I have Lyme disease and bartonella as well. i was reading some of your posts from 2010. I hope you are recovered by now.

I'd really like to ask you a few questions- if you can message me on here, or email me @ ***@****,

I'd really appreciate it.