Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
chronic fatigue syndrome

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

chronic fatigue syndrome

A few years ago I did the AST which uses saliva. That test showed adrenal exhaustion. What tests do I need now, and what does anyone know about chronic fatigue syndrome? A doctor I came across suggested I might have it. How would one know?
I deal with
major depression, anxiety disorders, gluten intolerance, lots of physical symptoms- pain, gastritis, which come and go
I think I'd start with some thyroid testing, to supplement the adrenal test, and then go on from there.  Specifically you should get tested for the actual, biologically active thyroid hormones free T3 and free T4 (note that FT3 and FT4 are not the same as total T3 and total T4).  If the doctor resists testing for  FT3 and FT4, then you should insist on it and don't take no for an answer.  Remember that you are the customer. I'm sure that the doctor will also test you for TSH, as always.  

If you will get those tests done and post the results and reference ranges from the lab report, then members will be happy to help interpret and advise further.  It's a good idea to always get a copy of the lab report and note on there how you were feeling at the time and what your meds were.  These become very valuable for future reference.  And the doctor is required to provide a copy of lab reports upon your request.  
Ditto gimel's comments,...

From there assuming there is an issue, get you on a good thyroid med and supplement the adrenals for support and wait. Adrenals take a while to recover.

Fuel
Ditto what they said.........
me ditto too! - Gimel has it to the tee.