Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
complement CH50 level

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

complement CH50 level

I got copies of my test results. Just because I am not sure what my dr is thinking. Anyway I have a question on the complement CH50 levels.. Mine test result was greater than 60..
My Complement Component was 152 mg/dl
My Complement C4 was 41mg/dl
Also had a Gastrin test it was 11 pg/ml..

All my lymphocytes are in the normal ranges, So is white blood count etc... I was wondering should I be concerned with this complement CH50 level???? I have read it could mean cancer or infections. But like I said my dr made no mention of this test result he just told me all results were normal. I am concerned and dont know what to do at all.. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Complement levels are usually elevated if there is a chronic inflammation anywhere in the body. Examples of which can be arthritis, colitis or tendinitis. It can be elevated in infections and malignancy, as there is inflammation with these conditions. And so further work up is focused on identifying the cause for the elevation. But sometimes a work up may fail to reveal a cause for the elevation. All in all, its a combined approach, the lab tests, the symptoms the patient presents with, the physical exam findings and the progression of symptoms. So, your doctor may have advised based on the clinical picture. You can follow it up with repeat tests to see how they are progressing.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I really hope it isnt cancer.. I mean wouldnt all these other blood test have shown something?? Any input there would be great. I do know my Sed Rate test has been great.. Isnt that an inflamation (inflammation) test as well?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Yes raised ESR levels also indicates inflammation. Tests like complement levels & ESR are ordered in conjunction with other tests to support other results. If at any point of time, we take blood tests for normal population, some abnormal results are likely to crop up. So, if any tests are ordered, they are done keeping a probable diagnosis in mind. And this is based on the clinical symptoms. With any malignancy, besides the specific symptoms, general symptoms are loss of appetite, loss of weight and malaise or fatigue.

If you don't have any specific symptoms now, just eat well, sleep well, take care and enjoy life.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
All I am dealing with is fatigue but that could be from my low testorone which the total was 215 and free was 49.. Or my anxiety I dont know I havent felt good for 1 year and 4 months now.. Something has got to give I cant get any answers at all.. And I men many many test have been run on me...
You are lucky you know your test results. In the UK we are not even told our blood group! Don't let your imagination run away with you. If you have had a dx of CFS after all these tests then you, I and thousands of others have to do our best to live with it. It's horrible but there are good times and bad times. If your doc says he/she is sure that's what's the problem, then get yourself referred to a CFS doctor. They usually have a team to deal with all aspects and it is necessary. It also makes you feel secure that you are in capable hands and they will look after you. If there are any other additional problems they'll find out. I wish you good health.