Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Community
digestion M/E, CFS

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue over extended periods of time which persists after rest and limits one’s ability to conduct ordinary daily activities. Discuss topics including causes, exams and tests for CFS, treatments and how to live with CFS.

digestion M/E, CFS

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has this strange stomach! When I eat dinner (slow eater) , I can actually see the little pouch in my stomach where the food is. I'm not skeletal, about 119 lbs, but it stays there for ages and then over the next few hours disappears slowly. My grandchildren are fascinated! My daughter keeps telling me I don't eat enough but I just don't have room for any more. Then, yesterday, my grand-daughter, 14,  said she couldn't eat another thing. Mum said she should try but she showed us through her t-shirt and there was the same little pouch! My poor darling has Lupus. Is this digestive sluggishness common to autoimmune conditions or have I passed on a dodgy digestive gene?
Also, could I be responsible for my grand-daughter's Lupus condition? I've been told I've been tested and don't have it but it's a bit too autoimmune close for comfort. Thank you.
Hi!
It is difficult to comment whether there is an autoimmune factor involved or not. However, ‘formation of a pouch’ in the upper central part of abdomen can be due to epigastric hernia. Obesity and genetic risk factors both play a role. Also, connective tissue disorders can cause this weakness. So, if your granddaughter has lupus, maybe other autoimmune disorders too are present. You need to show this to a surgeon and discuss with your lupus specialist. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you so much for your advice. I will do as you suggested and tell my daughter to mention same to my g/daughter's Lupus specialist.
Take care and many thanks