Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria Community
Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to chronic Idiopathic Urticaria and other hive based skin conditions.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria

So, I've been having chronic hives. Sometimes it's just one, sometimes it's twenty. They usually itch for about an hour or two, then stop itching, and then slowly fade away within about twelve hours. They seem to be a big fan of my lower spine, all around my waist (especially the front of my hips), the front of my knees, and my shoulders. Basically, they're concentrated in areas where my clothing or my joints apply pressure to the skin.

So far, I've talked to my allergist (who has come up with no suggestions), my dermatologist (who, today, suggested that I have dermatographia, which a quick Google search tells me I don't), and my gynecologist (who doesn't think my hormonal birth control pill that I started taking two months before the hives started caused the hives; I stopped taking it three months ago anyway, and the hives have continued).

In addition to the hives, I have also been getting headaches and some joint and muscle pain. I am slightly underweight, and my appetite is minimal.

I have an appointment with my primary care physician next week and I'm going to ask her to do some blood tests.

Anyone have similar experiences or thoughts on conditions to ask about?
168348_tn?1379360675
I just saw your post ---- could you be allergic to latex if your clothing has latex or spandex in it?

Just a thought that comes to mind.

Are these new jeans maybe?  Could be a chemical they are treated with like
formaldehyde that washes out after a few washings.  My daughter has allergy to formaldehyde and gets a bright sunburn-like rash where it touches her skin until washed a half-dozen times.

C~
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank