A Dog's Blood Results Reference Guide
I have recently produced a reference guide for dog owners and members of the Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs User Group, which is now available at: http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Pets/Canine-Blood-Chemistry-Results-Reference-Guide/show/1296?cid=3

Please take a look and let me have your comments, suggestions and corrections, if you can think of any that apply.

Thank you.

Tony
Hi Tony,

Great reference!  I can tell it took a lot of time for you to do your research and compile this guide.

One thing I had a question about:  You stated that the normal creatinine range is from 0.4-1.4.  However, my vet's lab states that normal creatinine is from 0.4-1.8.  Does the normal range differ among labs?  
Hi. Yes, some vets actually create their own set of levels based on experience. This can be confusing, because if you go to different vets, they will sometimes have a different base level (a normal level) as a reference. It's more often the vets rather than the labs that have different 'normal' levels. I would suggest, in your case, take a mean average between my reference and your vets upper range, so you might consider 1.6 as upper end normal.

Tony
Thanks.....I'm going to need this!!
Hi again Charlene. The problem with a lot of websites that list blood results is they can be very jargon-filled and quite technical, making them very difficult for many owners to understand. I have tried as best I can to make this reference both comprehensive and easy to read. Time will tell if I've succeeded. Hopefully, anything that's missing or is too incomprehensible can be updated over time. Tony
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
hoodprincess joined this group
Welcome them!
58 mins ago
Laricac joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 11
Nina0404 joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 10