1527?1401794977
Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs User Group
ARTICLE
About This Group:

A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.

Founded by tonyb286 on June 3, 2014
29 members

ARTICLE

Excellent article. A must read if you haven't done so.
Thank you Tony !!
Hi. Which article was it you read? I am hoping people will leave comments about articles I have given links for, so that they can be updated (if they are mine) with any additional useful information and so they might help more people in the future. Constructive comments and info are always happily received.

Tony
Hi Tony:

It was the article in INFOBARREL regarding how diet affects kidney disease.
I found it very informative and truly believe everyone should read it if they have not done so.
On a side note....Oliver continues to thrive :)
Was wondering if you wanted to use his Kidney disease from Day 1 experience until now as a case study. I can furnish you with the actual blood tests on the day he went into severe kidney failure and to the final ones were his kidney values were back to normal.  It may be a good start as a case study. Let me know.  
Hi. I'm pleased you found my piece informative. I wrote that one because so many owners have problems over the diet, and I thought it was a good starting point as support for many people. There are so many more I need to do, but time never seems to be on my side.

It's a great idea to do a case study with Oliver, particularly as he has done so extraordinarily well. I will leave it to you to put something down on paper ... take your time, there's certainly no rush. Eventually, it would be good to have a few case studies on the User Group - or maybe in the documents folder, once I can sort that out with MedHelp. They will be useful for reference and possibly even just for reassurance that the diagnosis is not always 'the certain end' that many are told.

Tony x
Sounds good Tony. I think case studies are a great idea and will be very beneficial.  I will gather my material and figure how I will compile all this.

Great job Tony.
Looking forward to more informative stories  on CKD.
Reniars commented on photo
Sep 16
Reniars added pics of all my bbs. ... Comment
Sep 16
Reniars uploaded new photos
Sep 16