1527?1401794977
Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs User Group
GDV linked to Dry Dog Food
About This Group:

A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.

Founded by tonyb286 on June 3, 2014
29 members

GDV linked to Dry Dog Food

I was reading another article recently by vet Jason Nicholas, and this was talking about gastric dilation and volvulus (GDV), which is very closely related to torsion and bloat in dogs - and is just as life-threatening. He suggests one of the many risk factors include dogs that are fed only dry dog food during their lives. As some of you know, I have written a piece about how dry dog food has been suggested by many research papers and professionals as being a causative factor in chronic kidney failure (when fed as the only food given to a dog that doesn't drink sufficient water), so this latest piece of information makes me even more aware of the dangers of dry food over wet (canned, frozen or fresh) dog food. I have recently updated my article with this information, which can be accessed at: http://www.infobarrel.com/Why_Dry_Dog_Food_Is_Bad_For_Dogs

The update will probably take about 48hrs to become live, so you may want to bookmark it for reading later.

Tony
1 Comment
The update is now live - please read (if interested) at: http://www.infobarrel.com/Why_Dry_Dog_Food_Is_Bad_For_Dogs

Tony
Reniars commented on photo
Sep 16
Reniars added pics of all my bbs. ... Comment
Sep 16
Reniars uploaded new photos
Sep 16