1527?1401794977
Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs User Group
Invited Members
About This Group:

A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.

Founded by tonyb286 on June 3, 2014
40 members

Invited Members

I have been trying to work out how to invite people to join this Group, particularly those posting threads about CKF within the general Dog Forum ... but I have now worked out that people can only be invited if the Group is Private and not Public. I think it would be better to leave the Group public, and available to everyone, including Google Searches. This does however mean that we will need to ask forum posters to arrive here using their own means, with a little encouragement and direction perhaps, and then join the Group (hopefully) to get more responses to their questions and concerns. What do you think?
Give it a whirl Tony...!  I would imagine you can change the status of the group from public  back to private if need be...?   Also... I am wondering if you were to post a question in this group, will it appear in the general search on Medhelp..?  Post title could be something general that any one whose dog has been diagnosed with kidney failure would search for....For example...Kidney failure in Dog....or Stages of Kidney failure in dogs...you get the idea. Then make a comment that addresses the post, and add a link to the group.  You could also post the same question in the dogs community.
Many people are hesitant to join a group, but will quickly post a question to an ongoing thread... ( as we all know. )  
You could also start a post for new potential members. When you see someone new posting a question on a thread in the dog community, copy the question...bring it here...and start a post with the dogs name on the title, or the users name.  Then when replying to the original comment in the dog community, simply lead them here.
That's all I have for ideas for now...
Thanks Connie. Some great ideas there. As far as I can tell, any responses in the CKF User Group appear under the general forum providing the Group remains public, not private, which I guess is a good reason for leaving it open to all. Tony Xxx
Pzulz joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 27
interfurgent joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 22
klbuford joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 15