1527?1401794977
Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs User Group
Thank you for the invitation!
About This Group:

A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.

Founded by tonyb286 on June 3, 2014
30 members

Thank you for the invitation!

Hi Tony,

This is a great idea!    I've learned so much from you in these past two years.  My motto is that you can never stop learning.  

Bless you Tony.  

xxxx Silvia
Tony,

Is there a way to post documents here? Before you had set up this group, I had already been thinking of going through the posts and collect all the advice/tips/suggestions so they don't have to be repeated each time; we could direct them to the document(s). I know they would never replace the personal interaction but I think it would be helpful to have such document(s) at hand.

What do you think?

Great idea to form this group by the way!

Juvie
Hi Silvia. I completely agree with you about the fact we never stop learning. Every day I read something that extends what I may already know, tells me something completely new or changes my thinking on one aspect or another. Hopefully, through this Group we can discuss these pieces of info and help each other to help our best friends and the best friends of others. I think our first task though is to expand the membership and bring posters to it, if they happen to post a thread on the general Dogs forum about CKF.

Tony x
Hi Juvie. No, it's frustrating that MedHelp doesn't provide a documents folder. It's why I am giving links to my BlogSite on relevant articles, such as: http://www.infobarrel.com/How_Diet_Affects_Dogs_with_Chronic_Kidney_Disease

It would be very useful to have a documents folder for each User Group ... something we might all ask MedHelp to provide, once we have a few more members join us.

Tony x
Thanks, Tony. Would you mind sharing with me the links to all of your online articles regardless of topic? I'd like to bookmark them as reference.

x Juvie
The best link to most of my articles on dogs is at: http://www.infobarrel.com/Users/TonyBooth

You can also find me on PinInterest, HubPages and ... well I guess that's enough for now. Thanks Juvie.

I've spoken to MedHelp about trying to get a Documents folder as part of the CKF User Group, so most of my stuff and anything else others find can be logged there, maybe as pdf files, which would be better than people trawling the internet for them. No reply yet, but I will update the Group once I get some feedback.

Tony x
Fab! Thanks, Tony!
I think I've successfully joined!!  This is great and a document section would be awesome!!  

Our town had a blessing of the animals yesterday!!  It gave me such comfort to have Sammie (and Bonnie) blessed by the local pastors.  They did a beautiful job and, of course, I cried my eyes out thinking about losing Sammie.  I was so grateful to the churches who participated and more grateful for all the help I've received from all of you!!  I said a special prayer for all your babies!

Prayers and hugs to everyone!

Charlene
Hi Charlene. What a lovely idea. You must live in a great community there. Tony x
Fitmaltesemom uploaded new photos
Sep 29
Kaymbsc joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 24
Reniars commented on photo
Sep 16