1527?1401794977
Chronic Kidney Failure in Dogs User Group
Thank you for the new forum
About This Group:

A group for information and discussion and for emotional support for owners and companions of dogs with Chronic Kidney Failure. This is a complex and traumatic illness and affects about a third of all dogs over the age of 12yrs. While there is (as yet) no cure for this disease, there are things that can be done to improve and extend the quality of life for our best friends - and when all else fails, there are people that have traveled this path already that can offer empathy and support to grieving owners. If you wish to ask questions or talk about a particular dog, please head your thread with your dog's name, as this will help identify the discussion.

Founded by tonyb286 on June 3, 2014
36 members

Thank you for the new forum

When I came on board today, I was in the forum titled "4th stage renal failure in my dog..." which started in 2008. I read thru years and years of posts from the most wonderful people. I cried for hours.As I stated in that forum, my beautiful lab mix, Darbie, was diagnosed on 2/20/14 with CKD. Her numbers fall into the stage 3 range. She was placed on sub-Q fluids, and is now being maintained with Hills KD, Azodyl, & tramadol for pain. I supplement her w/glucosamine, fish oil and cranberry vitamins. These past few weeks, I have seen more noticeable changes. She threw up Sunday night which startled me. (Darbie may have thrown up once since we rescued her Dec/2007. At that time, she was approx. 3 yrs old ).

Tony, my first day on board you have been a tremendous comfort. I hope to find more answers as I navigate this journey with my sweet Darbie.

Darbie has blood work on scheduled for Thursday which I'm feeling anxious.

Thank you this venue!
1 Comment
Stage 3 kidney failure means there are lots of opportunities to a) improve the quality of life and b) extend life for much longer than what could happen without intervention. Darbie is so lucky to have you ... let us know what the bloodwork says.

Tony
DogBlog uploaded new photos
Oct 22
tonyb286 uploaded a new photo
Oct 21
llhernan joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 16