Thank you for the new forum
When I came on board today, I was in the forum titled "4th stage renal failure in my dog..." which started in 2008. I read thru years and years of posts from the most wonderful people. I cried for hours.As I stated in that forum, my beautiful lab mix, Darbie, was diagnosed on 2/20/14 with CKD. Her numbers fall into the stage 3 range. She was placed on sub-Q fluids, and is now being maintained with Hills KD, Azodyl, & tramadol for pain. I supplement her w/glucosamine, fish oil and cranberry vitamins. These past few weeks, I have seen more noticeable changes. She threw up Sunday night which startled me. (Darbie may have thrown up once since we rescued her Dec/2007. At that time, she was approx. 3 yrs old ).

Tony, my first day on board you have been a tremendous comfort. I hope to find more answers as I navigate this journey with my sweet Darbie.

Darbie has blood work on scheduled for Thursday which I'm feeling anxious.

Thank you this venue!
Stage 3 kidney failure means there are lots of opportunities to a) improve the quality of life and b) extend life for much longer than what could happen without intervention. Darbie is so lucky to have you ... let us know what the bloodwork says.

Tony
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
mcfur is ... Comment
mcfur joined this group
Welcome them!
hoodprincess joined this group
Welcome them!