Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
Breathing problems only happen when I am sick.

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

Chest xray reports Impressions: Pulmonary hyperexpansion. No acute process is identified.

Also there is no evidence of pulmonary infiltrate, pleural effusion, or vascular engorgement. The lungs are mildly hyperexpanded.
What does this all mean? Last year I had the same condition (difficulties breathing and coughing that sometime taste like metal.The xray showed little damage and was determined I had walking pneumonia in my blood work. Is this something I will have yearly (breathing problems) ? I have quit smoking last year when this happened and now vape the ecig for a year now. I am 47 years old.
The X-ray interpretation of “Pulmonary Hyper-expansion”  is consistent with the diagnosis of asthma, COPD, Chronic bronchitis, or blockage of one of your airways by anything including a mucous plug.  There is no way, based on your description to know if this is a recurrence of the problem you had last year or a different problem but you should set about to find out.  Should it prove to be recurrent pneumonia in the same part of your lung (which in the early stage may not be apparent on X-ray), this will require further diagnostic testing.  I would, however, be surprised if that proved to be the case.

The only way to resolve the question and receive appropriate treatment is to be examined by a physician and I suggest that you arrange for that without delay.  

Good luck