Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
COPD and heart problem

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

COPD and heart problem

COPD and lung functioning at 20%. Heart pumping at 20%. Please tell me about how long a person would have left.
The circumstance you describe is ominous but the answer depends very much on the degree of reversibility that exists for each of your conditions.  That is something you should ask of your doctor and, when that question is answered, you can ask him/her the question about how much time you might have left.  However, be advised that any such estimate should be made and received with the caution that it will be very speculative.

I hope that your heart and lung function will improve with medication and that you will live for many more years.

Good luck