Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
COPD

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

COPD
I am in stage 4 COPD and have anit-trypsin defiency, my question is where is the best place to live for the people who suffers from this, I live here in Ohio and it seems like every season change is when I feel the worse and also what is the best excerise to do, because when I try to excerise to lose the weight that I had gained, I get shortness of breath and my oxygen drops to low 80's, I already went thru Pulmonary Rehab
I do not believe that there is a “best place” to live for persons with Alpha-1 deficiency COPD.  The best exercise and the safest is walking each day.  Given the demonstrated fall of your blood oxygen level  to 80% with exercise, you will probably require supplemental oxygen.  This would be in conjunction with optimum medical therapy and the regular exercise program that should have been prescribed by the Pulmonary Rehab people.  In fact, it would be a good idea for you to return to that Rehab Group for reevaluation.

If not already evaluated, you should be checked to find out if you might be a candidate.  I also recommend that you visit the Alpha-one Foundation for further information- http://alpha-1foundation.org/

Good luck.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker