Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
Chest Xray abnormal

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

Chest Xray abnormal

I am 33 year old male. I was feeling short of breath from last couple of days. I went to GP and she asked me for a chest xray. everything is chest xray is normal except one thing to follow up. It is written in report as :

"There is a suggestion of increased density in posterior aspects of lower thoracic vertebral bodies"

My GP told that we will have a another xray in 2-3 weeks. can anyone please help me to understand what it is? Thanks.
I am sorry but I cannot reply to your question because the  report of an “increased density …..” is to non-specific.  My best recommendation is that you ask your doctor to consult (now) with the radiologist to ask what additional X-ray studies would most likely provide information about the cause and significance of the “increased density”.  That recommendation should be implemented now rather than waiting 2-3 weeks.  It is not obvious to me what might be gained by a delay, but you might want to pose that question to your doctor and what he/she believes might be gained by the wait.

Good luck,