Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
Continuing and Increasing Symptoms for Throat Infection

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

It is almost close to a month now that I started to cough which would get bad in the evenings. The cough was dry initially but later on phlegm started. I have used antibiotics course prescribed by the doctor but the symptoms still remain. As of now, The cough comes once in a while and there is some phlegm as well. I have pain in the throat while swallowing..This pain occurs either on one side or both sides of the throat randomly. Today I noticed that there are 2 to 3 small bumps on my tongue. Not sure if all this is a result of some acute throat infection or symptoms which are not related?

Kindly advise..
The cough could be from an infected throat, but more likely is from post nasal drip associated with nasal/sinus inflammation/infection.  The “small bumps” are probably unrelated and insignificant.  If the cough is not improving spontaneously, you should arrange for examination of your nose and throat.  If there is progressive improvement, albeit slow, I would probably wait this problem out.