Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
Donnalee123

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

Donnalee123
I have COPD with chronic bronchitis. I am very tired. Can the COPD be causing this?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) can make you tired, especially when severe, but we should not assume this is the cause, as there are many other causes.  It could be because of the extra work of breathing, muscle weakness or a lack of oxygen, which COPD can cause.  Other diseases occur commonly with COPD and any of these could make you tired:  a sleep disorder, obstructive sleep apnea, diabetes and depression.  Not to mention other diseases, which are not associated with COPD.

You will have to see your doctor to diagnose and appropriately treat what is making you tired.  COPD could still be a part of it.

Good luck.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker