Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
Lung Nodule
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lung Nodule

Hi,

I have been experiencing coughing for the last three months. It is not constant all day and it is not very intense. I also had some abdominal discomfort, night sweats, and fever for about a month when this started, but they are gone now except for coughing.  It is not so bad and only happens during the day. It is not an intense or constant coughing, but rather happens when I am breathing out. I had a complete workup for the last three monhts that included, colonoscopy, endoscopy, capsule endoscopy, abdominal ct etc. They were all negative. Complete blood work which was all normal. I also had two echocardiogram which was basically normal.

But I also had a CT of my chest last week and it showed two small nodules.  One is in the right middle lobe measuring 2 to 3 mm. This was also seen in another chest CT in December  2008 has not significantly changed since then.  However, the other nodule is new.  Here is what the report says:  

"There is a small irregular nodule measuring less than 5 mm in the upper right lobe which is not identified on the prior study.  Another small nodule in the right middle lobe measuring 2 to 3 mm which has not changed significantly since the prior study. There are no other nodules. There is no pericardial or pleural effusion and no adenopathy.
The mediastinal vascular structures and cardiac chambers are normal. The upper abdominal structures are normal.  Bony structural are intact."

I am a 38 year old white male and have never smoked in my life.  There is no cancer in my immediate family.  

My doctor wants me to follow up with another CT in six months.  

I would like to get your insights.  

Thanks.