Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
Medication change ???

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

Medication change ???
At present I am using a nebulizer with Xopenex 0.63 and Pulmicort 0.25 twice daily. Will be having C-spine surgery in the near future ..... OK to switch to Advair twice daily during 2 day hospital stay ?? I was previously on Advair 250/50 but switched due to several reasons. I get better results with the neb. meds, I have the time and also for financial concerns. There are other med.s that I take with me to stay on my regular schedule which is permitted (and even encouraged) by physicians and hosp. staff. Your opinion ???
You should first confirm that you would have increased out-of-pocket expenses, if you are treated in-hospital with nebulized Xopenex® Inhalation Solution (levalbuterol) and Pulmicort Respules™ (budesonide inhalation suspension).  If so, there should be no problem switching to Advair™ Diskus® (fluticasone propionate and salmeterol) Inhalation Powder for a couple days, assuming you use proper technique.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker