Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
Non-calcified lung nodules
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Non-calcified lung nodules

Hi I'm a 27yr female non-smoker in excellent health, however, I recently had a chest x-ray as part of my physical for school  and the results came back abnormal. My doctor ordered a CT scan of the chest which reveal 2 non-calcified lung nodules that are 3-4mm. I have no hisortyof lung cancer in my family, however, my grandmother died of breast cancer at 52yrs old. My doctor would like me to come in for a follow up in 9-12months.I'm very concerned about my test results. The report says that I have a small area of parenchymal consolidation, atelectasis or scarring tracking  along the peribronchial tissue of the anterobasal segment of the right lower lobe. Also, 2 non-calcified nodules in the periphery of the right lower lobe 3-4mm. The doctor stated that any risk factors such as history of cancer and smoking should be considered. Back in June of this year I had a dry cough for 2 weeks with a moderate fever and it went away with no problems. I haven't had any breathing problems I worked in the health field and had a number of TB test which all came back negative. In the past I've had a few dry cough but nothing too serious. Should I consult a pulmonary doctor or is it advisable to wait and get my follow-up ct scan.Also, what are the chances that these nodules will become cancerous?