Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
Respiratory disorder??

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

Respiratory disorder??

Hi thank you in advance for your help.  I have been having pain burning dull ache between my shoulder blades since 2010. Since then I had a severe neck spasm right when to physio and fixed. Backpain went away for about six months but is back. Had blood test done all last year. Chest x-rays, ct of neck with jodium xrays sinusses allergy tests. I am constantly worried about cancer and don't really know what is causing my back ache. Have bad posture and overweight. Can feel acid coming up with burps daily. Had a not in my back yesterday could feel it clearly. When turning body side to side or stretching arm pain intensify. I am 33 years old and have been stressed allot lately. Do have sinuses and post drip with clearing cough. Thank you any help will be appreciated
The symptoms you have experienced are surely serious to the extent that pain of this magnitude and duration can really have an effect on one’s quality of life.  At the same time, your symptoms are most likely to be on a muscular.-skeletal or nerve compression basis and not a sign of cancer or some other life threatening disease.   Were you to have cancer, the diagnosis would be obvious after two years and not with a six month pain free interval.

If your doctors have not been able to establish a diagnosis, I suggest that you and your current doctor request consultation with a Rheumatology Specialist.   I suspect that the relief of your symptoms will follow weight loss and physical therapy.  Finally, emotional stress is a common cause of muscle tension and spasm and so that too should be assessed and treated along with attention to your bones, joints and peripheral nerves.

Good luck
Thank for the great answer.  Yes my Dr also felt that it is anxiety and muscular. I will definitely follow up as you suggested to get my life back on track. Thank you again for taking the time and helping. Regards