abt my mom
in the chest xray of my mom it has shown that increased branchovascular markings are seen in both the lung fields. What does it mean? is it serious? what are its causes? she has breathing problem too. does it have any connection with it????
The phrase, “increased bronchovascular markings” refers to an increased prominence of bronchi and/or blood vascular markings on the X-ray, generally deemed to be a sign of chronic bronchitis, the most common cause being cigarette smoking, a practice that can cause inflammatory changes in one’s bronchial tubes.  Pulmonary function tests are a better measure of the effects of smoking on lung tissue and its degree of dysfunction.  If your Mom has breathing problems, smoking cigarettes would definitely be a factor.  Chronic exposure to industrial irritants would be another significant cause.

Good luck
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker