Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
lung nodule

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

lung nodule

After a bad flu my husband went to GP who sent him for chest xray.  Chest xray showed a bulge and he was sent to clinic where he was told it was not lung cancer but was sent for ct scan which showed a misshapen thyroid.  He was then sent for an ultrasound which showed thyroid was functioning ok.  They have now went back to chest xray and are sending him for a lung biopsy as there is a nodule which I am assuming was the bulge.  He has recovered from flu, his cough has eased he has not lost weight or his appetite and he feels well.  He had bronchitis many years ago and has not smoked for 35 years since the bad bronchitis.
"A bulge" would be a somewhat unusual term to be used to describe a nodule, but consistent with an enlarged thyroid.  The nodule may or may not be related to the thyroid.

Your husband should not agree to a lung biopsy until the doctors can provide you and your husband a better explanation of what is going on.  If they can't, you should consider getting a second opinion.  You should also ask if the nodule was seen on the CT scan and if it has the characteristics of a benign lesion or a cancerous one.

Good luck.
Can someone please give me some anwser to this question?
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker