Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
please help

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

please help

Hi i am 32 and been a smoker of both, marijuana and cigarettes fot 16 yrs. I was under alot of stress so i saw a doc, was giving depression and anxiety meds. For a yr i have been vomiting every morning. Thought it was stress. Well i started having sever chest pains feeling like a heart attack.i would take my zanx thinking its anxiety sometimes 2 didnt help. I have pains when i breath mainly on my right side. I went to doc. She gave me an inhaler and she she believes its COPD. I had an xray done. This are my symptoms. Very tired, short of breath and hard to catch my breath. Pains in my chest. very poor circulation in all my body. swelling in my right knee wit stiffness and pain. Coughing. Morning cough ver y bad with mucus plug and a lot of vomiting up extreme amounts of flem (phlegm) everyday. Ive lost 22lbs in 2 months. My xray did not show COPD. So what ut wrong. Is it possible it just cant be seen yet? I just want to feel better.
I sympathize with the misery you have experienced this past year.  Vomiting every morning could be secondary to stress but it is equally likely that there is a physical cause or possibly a body response to one of your medications.

Chest pain is not a symptom of COPD but is a symptom of a variety of other disease states.  Shortness of breath is a symptom of COPD but also a symptom of a lot of other lung diseases, a number of which, most notably asthma, would not show-up on a chest X-ray.

I gather from your description that you are in dire straits, emotionally and/or physically.  You deserve better.  The best advice I can give is that you seek consultation with an Internal Medicine (IM) Specialist (a diagnostician), one who will give your problem and you the time and interest that will be required to sort-out your quite complex situation.  Most IM doctors will schedule 30-45 minutes for a first visit and that is what you should seek.

Good luck
babygirl, you gotta clear out your lungs... Ganja is coating your reseratory system the same way it does your pipe.. Imagine if you didnt clean your pipe after a 16year smokefest?? it would be clogged with resin... my suggestion:
Since you don't know for sure what the main source is, your best bet is to clean out your pipes.. start with a supplement and add some broccoli and keep coughing out all that ****..

from a smoker to a smoker, vap is the only way to go!

be smart and stay strong.