Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Expert Forum
silverpenny

This forum is for questions and support regarding COPD, coughing/wheezing, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung infections, pollution, smoking, treatment for COPD and what causes COPD.

silverpenny

I have just read Walter3964's question about chest pressure.  I"ve also had the very same pressure for about 6 months.  I was put on Advair, twice daily, Nov. 2006  I quit using it about 2 months ago after hearing a friend talking about his lungs getting hard from using this, and having this same pressure also.  The pressure hasn't gone away, nor has it got less since I stopped the Advair.  Could this be what has caused the pressure, and would anything show up in an x-ray or scan?  
I suspect that the chest pressure is unrelated to the Advair™ Diskus® (fluticasone propionate and salmeterol) Inhalation Powder, especially when problem continued, after it was discontinued.  And, Advair™ Diskus® (fluticasone propionate and salmeterol) Inhalation Powder does not make the lungs get hard.

There are many causes of chest pressure and not all pressure feels the same.  The sensation can come from lungs, heart or the structures of the chest wall, such as muscles, tendons, ligaments and the nerves that run between the ribs.  You should consult with a lung specialist to try to sort out the cause and then, with the correct diagnosis, treat it appropriately.