Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF I MAY HAVE COPD!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

Back in 2007 i accidentally  inhaled some chlorine the power type on inhaling it i was coughing very bad and bringing up cold/mucus i could hardly catch my breath so i had to be rushed to the doctor and he gave me a injection which eased my coughing and it made me drowsy.Ever since my chlorine attack i have been bringing up mucus yellow and brown rusty colored and sometimes blood stained and i am only breathing through one nostril and sometimes it changes to the other nostril i have a pain in my chest that's hurts even more when i take a deep breath but the pain decreased over the years,i went to the doctor about it and i had a x-ray done they sad my lungs and heart are fine but i am having all the symptoms of chronic bronchitis someone please help!!
Hi!
The cough with sputum (phlegm) is unlikely to be due to cholrine as you are not inhaling it any longer. Chronic phlegm can be due to allergy, gastric reflux and post nasal drip. Common food allergies are those to gluten, lactose, citrus fruits, egg, sea food, preservatives etc. Common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, cosmetics or drugs.
Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. If phlegm is due to reflux, this will help you.
Among infective causes tuberculosis is a possibility. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!