Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
Dry Lungs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

Dry Lungs

Lately my lungs seem to be very dry. I mean to the point where the seem sore and when I move some times it sounds like I am cracking my knucles. I used to use a duo med (albuterol + ipratropium). When I mentioned this to my doctor he sugeested that I not use the ipratropium because it has a tendency to dry out your lungs (he tells me this after the fact). I stopped using ipratropium and only use tha albuterol on an as needed basis and at first my lungs were not as dry. But as time went on the problem resurfaced again. I was told to try B5 and that only seemed to make the problem worse. Does anyone have any suggestions?
B5 could not be a cause of further drying, unless you are allergic to this vitamin. (Have you been taking it long enough?) It should certain nullify the drying effect of albuterol. I can imagine how upset you must be because that is how I was before I looked to alternative medicine to clear up the dryness and inflammation. In addition to 1000 mg of B5, I also take mullein extract and MSM. For me at least, the the very distressing dryness no longer exists. Could you have an additional problem that has eluded your doctor?.

As to allergy to vitamins, I was allergic to vitamin C and treated for it successfully.