Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
Enlarged Lymph Node in Lung

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

Enlarged Lymph Node in Lung

My family physician thinks that a calcified Lymph Node in my lung is enlarged. Should I worry about it. I have recurring bronchitis and sinusitis, which I thought were caused by allergies. The doctor is sending me to a pulminary specialist. Can lymph node become enlarged? What does it mean?
Do you have a calcified Nodule?  Calcified usually is benign...........what size is it?
Yes, it is calcified, and I have had it for about  30 years. My new doctor is concerned about it, she said it has become larger. She said it was 1.5 cm and now is 3.0 cm. The pulmonary specialist she sent me, told me the same thing you said: they are usually benign. After looking at the x-rays he want me to have a CT scan. He said if it is really enlarged, they would have to do a biopsy. this is all I know for the moment.
Thank your for your anser!
This is a learning experience for me regarding a lymph node. I used to get enlarged lymph nodes when I was younger expecially under my arms and in my neck - but they always went back to normal.  So they are going to do a CT on you - I have a CT scan coming up tomorrow (my 3rd one) the last two showed that my nodules remained unchanged - 3  -  7  mm.

When are you having your CT scan done?  I am sure you'll be fine  -  the doctor is being cautious - which is a good thing.  

Happy Sunday,
Julie in So Calif
I'll have the CT-scan on the 26th, this next week is just too busy. Besides with all the other problems I have, everything I do, takes extra effort. boo-hoo
I am thinking positive thoughts and as you say the doc is just being cautious, which is good.
Why do you get enlarged lymph nodes? Have you ever been told? How long have you had them? Do they hurt?
My lymph node is calcified and I have had it for 30 years.
You too have a wonderful sunny Sunday. It is wonderful here in Alabma, EVERYTHING is in bloom at the same time it seems this year and it is unbelievable beautiful!
Schwammerl in Ala
Oh yes Alabama must be beautiful this time of year - I am originally from the East coast and I know it is just breathtaking to see everything in bloom - I used to love the tulips!  They don't grow too well here in California.

At this time I have nodules on my lungs - I had a fibroid and the doctor did the CT scan last year to rule out pulmonary embolism - that is when the nodules were found.  Nodules I think are different than lymph nodes.  So you'll be tested on the 26th - I was going to wait until May - but decided to go ahead and have the CT done this month.  I will see the doctor on the 20th - one day after the CT Scan since I become too nervous and cannot wait.  Where is the Lymph Node located that is calcified?  

Well - you enjoy your week - and try NOT to worry ....

Enjoy this beautiful Sunday. God bless -
Julie in So Calif.