Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
Fear of COPD,Respiratory diseases
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fear of COPD,Respiratory diseases

Im a 21 year old male.I had a respiratory infection of the lungs few months back which too a long time to go.It was accompanied by breathlessness and chest pain. PFT was done and it gave following readings:
FEV1 : 87%
FVC : 102%
FEV1/FVC : 73%
Along with that Chest X-ray,Chest CT Scan were done which came absolutely normal.
The infection went away with antiobiotics but breathlessness,headaches and chest pain kept on worsening for the past 2 months.
I went to the doc again few days back and he asked for another PFT.
FEV1 : 98%
FVC : 103%
FEV1/FVC : 86%
The weird thing was i couldnt exhale fully for 6 seconds on spirometer even after trying repeatedly but the doc still went ahead with the same readings and told me not to worry and that im hyperallergic that's all.Im not taking any medications currently but feel my condition worsening day by day.I wanted to ask whether such a thing was common and indeed my PFT was normal?Also should i stop worrying about COPD and other respiratory diseases although my breathlessness doesn't seem to go?
Also im suffering frm severe anxiety and only think about my problem and nothing else.Also history of sinusitis and mucus secretions.
I smoked for around a year(around once/twice a week) but havent touched it since the infection took place.
757137_tn?1347200053
Your breathlessness may be caused by anxiety and hyperventilation. Listen to your doctor. He is not worried, so you shouldn't be.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...