Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
Low Blood Pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

Low Blood Pressure

I have COPD and quit smoking 4 years ago.  I recently went to a pain doctor for something unrelated and was told my blood pressure was low 91/58.  In all of my previous doctors visists it was close to normal or a little high.  I take, Plendit, Cozaar and Atenonol.  Because of the low blood pressure they would not give me any conscious sedation during a precedure.  I was scared to death and my blood pressure dropped to 84/48.  Since then my doctor has taken me off of Plendil and my pressure still remains low.  I am occasionally able to get the systolic up but the diastolic won''t go above 58 or 64.  Does anyone have any idea why the diastolic would stay so low or how to get it back up?
whatever happens stay on the cozar..it protects kidneys a (arbs)!! yes if ur sitting down and you go to get up do you feel faint? the legs pull ur blood down when you stand..one way to see is get a bp monitor and sit and waite 15 min ..take it for a vase bp..then stand against something sturdy..retake after standing 15 min..if its real low..or even alot lower than ur sitting bp..=you have postural hypotension = low blood p upon standing..you need to see a cardiologist..they can check you out real good..give you a tilt test to  determine this..does 90/60 feel ok to you..i know females that there bp is 88/55  they work all day,,so if yours is use toi it with no sytoms than thats ok..me mine runs on lisonpril and minoxdil very strong med..say 140/80 in am..pm its 95/55  im good but at times i take it wile standing its 88/55 as long as you dont have sytoms then ur ok..but you did say its ussaly up..see a dockter