Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
PNEUMOTHORAX ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

PNEUMOTHORAX ?

Hey a few weeks ago i had a SPONTANEOUS PNEUMOTHORAX  i have had it fixed but now ime having the same pain in my right side but it goes and comes back lasting about 30 mins to 1 hour each time i am constantly yawning all day even when ime not tired any suggestions.
and also when i am breath ime finding it hard to get full breaths
I'm having the same problem. My spontaneous pneumothorax was about 8 months ago, I've gone to a lung specialist that ran tests on me and said that my lung capacity was back to normal and i was healthy. I told him that it still hurt once in a while and he said in theory it shouldn't. He expressed my lung might still be healing since my lung was completely collapsed when it happened. But now i have pain on both sides of my chest. He also mentioned that because of the Pneumothorax i probally developed asthma because of it. So that would explain the frequent shortness of breaths. He gave me an inhaler and it has helped a little bit. I wonder about my surgery, personally, because the hospital i was at isn't very dependable and the place where my chest tube was still hurts a lot to touch there.. Either i'm a slow healer or they did something wrong.
I actually still have all those symtoms (symptoms), and it has been 3 1/2 years since i had my collapsed lung. The doctors ran all sorts of test and could not find anything. I had asthma before and still have it, they gave me an inhaler and didnt really help much at all. My spots from surgery hurt as well, and the hospital screwed up the first time and i never heard nothing about the surgery really, i would like to know more as well but they want me to pay for the information.