Phlegm
hello, i am 20 years old female student and a smoker for 7 years. 6 months (or more) ago i felt like there is something in my throat.like a very thick phlegm but i just ignored it and got used to that feeling. 3 weeks ago i had cough and colds then i started to produce light green color with a grayish spots sputum and it is very very thick. But its not always like that, most of the time it is clear. more or less 5 times a day that week. After a week, the cough goes aways but i still produce that kind of phlegm once a day. and just yesterday, i've noticed that there is a very small amount of blood on my sputum. i dont know if it is really from my lung or just because im forcing to cough out that "something" in my throat because i still got that feeling. i have'nt seen a doctor yet. what does all of this indicate? pls help me. thank you.
Usually, if it's green it's an infection.  Yellow can also be an infection, but usually you can still fight it off without an antibiotic if it's yellow.  Green is a more advanced infection.  You should see your doctor and get an antibiotic.  If it were from COPD or CHF it would be clear or white.    
    If I could do my life over again I would have one wish and that would be to have never smoked.
btsmith
stop smoking, now! I stopped after smoking for 4 years, I am 23, and my sputum have gone, I do not cough immediately I have stopped. SO that is the lesson