Possibly cause of copd??
I have a cat ... and I wonder if this may be the reason of my copd. I quit smoking 11 years ago... and had a good health for many years... When i got a cat for my daughter ... i believe my problems started about the same time... I was not exposed to a dangerous chemicals but use perfume on a daily basis..(not any more) please if any one knows something about the causes of this problem, let me know... Thanks in advance.
                                                                                         Brian
The cat would not be the cause of COPD.  It may be an irritant, but COPD, if diagnosed as it would not be caused by it.  Most COPD is caused by damaged lungs (which could have been done many years ago), or is hereditary.  You may want to check if you are allergic to cats. That may be the cause for your discomfort.
My friend has COPD he is also allergic to cats. Does this make lung function go down because of COPD.  Think he has asthma also
will cat allergy cause lung function to drop with COPD