Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
SPO2
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SPO2

went to dr yesterday   9/17/10  dr reviewed my recent sleep study and my sat rates while sleeping were in the 70's

88% is the cutofffor o2  He put me on oxygen, which I used last night for the first time. I do not have sleep apena ,but my lungs have been damaged from occupational conditions. Ihave copd stage 3. Not nice at all, am just about incompacitated. whenever I try to do something breathing get very shallow and my heart beat goes way out of control.

When I awoke this am after a night of 2L of oxygen I felt better than I have in yrs, I am not fatigued nor di I want to go back to bed. Prior to my sleep study I purchased a portable oximeter tha has a memory which I can dwnload into my P/c  I keep these studies and alsoo took them to my Dr. He said they were helpful.in my diagnois.
So folks this is where I am at, presently I feel good and hope tostart feeling better... God Bless All who sufgfer from this terrible condition.