Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
Sputum without Cough

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

Sputum without Cough

Hello all i started off few days back with pain in my throat and headaches everytime i turned my head and kept bringing out hard sputum with some blood in it, the headaches and pain has resolved completely without any medication but im still letting out hard sputum with some blood for days now....im 23 years old a mild smoker, smoke around a pack a day.....id like to know should i take this matter seriously, or the sputum thing would resolve on its own...i have no difficulty breathing no pain only the sputum production that has continued now for days....any advice and kind words would be helpful thank you
Yes that is very serious, any time you see blood coming out it is very serious and a pack a day is not a mild smoker try a pack a week that is mild even then it is never good to smoke, quit and see what happens then.Go get exray and if they say your okay get a 2nd opinion until you get a octor who will help this situation, now a days the people ho exray Ive been told by a doctor that they are not doing these right and there are many xrays being looked over, we have to start getting more involved in our own health