Tight bands around chest
I have asked two doctors about the tight bands I feel inside around my chest.  They come and go.  Sometimes they are up around my rib cage under my breasts then other times I feel them more down around my waiste but above it.

I was just told I have fair lung function and some emphasema by a doctor but he didn't offer much time or advice to help me so I need to find out, on my own, as much info as possible.  Anything you tell me will be much appreciated.

I smoked 50 years and stopped cold turkey 2 years ago with NO problems or temptations T"YL so am determined to get some sort of life quality back.
That is the same feeling I have had for the past few years. Some times it felt like I pulled a rib or something. This year I was diagnosed with copd and now I have that tightness all the time in my lungs.
I pray this is not the same for you. If it is though just remember it is not a death sentence. It will slow you down though. There are a lot of drugs and treatment plans out there. Get yourself a good lung doctor and you will not only get your answers, but you will not be as scared.
Take care and God Bless.