Too Much Oxygen?
Last May I had an accident and as a result was in hospital and rehab for a total of seven weeks. They had put me on oxygen from the first (I had not be using it previously). My lung function has not worsened yet my oximeter consistently shows a falling oxygenation.  Could the muscles used in respiration have weakened, or could my automatic need to breathe been dulled? To put it simply, have I developed lazy lungs? One day last week I went without oxygen for seven hours, but I had to sing or hum for the entire period.

I want to get off the oxygen. Any ideas for weaning? Any special exercises?
Hi!
There is a lot of missing link in the medical history. If you had an accident last May, then why are you continuing oxygen almost a year later? What is the indication? Do you have severe COPD? If you could do without oxygen for seven hours, then you may need a dose adjustment of your medication. Usually a low reading on pulse oximeter is due to heart or lung problem or due to anemia. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!