Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
Toxic Smoke Inhalation (Fire)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Toxic Smoke Inhalation (Fire)

February 28, 2010 I was in a motel fire. The fire was contained to my room. It was an electrical fire. The smoke and crackle of the fire woke me. I remember getting out of bed the next thing I remember is being in the hospital. I have been told I came into the hallway coughing and having trouble breathing. An ambulance was called I was taken to the local hospital given oxygen, a breathing treatment and a chest xray. I was told my blood gases were normal and my oxygen level was good. As the days have progress I got worse (how can that be) It has been almost two weeks the first week I was told to do nothing. This week I went on light duty (setting at a desk doing nothing) Last night I went grocery shopping with my wife. I couldn't make it all the way through the store. I tired out, my hands and up my arms turned purple? Why? Is that due to the smoke inhalation? I had to go set in the car until she finished shopping. Went home and had a nebulizer treatment. Something I was put on by my doctor. Questions: How were my blood gases normal? Why do I still feel so tired all the time? Why does my brain not work as quickly as it did before the fire? And why did my hands and arms turn purple and my chest is very red. Any answers would help. Thanks
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank