What is this?
I experienced a near choking event a week ago in a restaurant from coughing. I hadn't taken a bite yet but began coughing so intensely I could not breathe and was near passing out. When I got a breath it was very difficult and was more of a gasp for air. During the event I experienced severe stinging sensations in my chest. Since then every time I cough or sneeze the burning sensation returns and my ribs are very sore. Wearing anything tight around that area causes an extreme soreness. Could this be related to the intensity of the event and will eventually go away?
Could you have a respiratory infection? If it does not go away quickly you might want to check this out with your doctor.
I went to the doctor. I've been experiencing night coughing since January after moving into a new home that was left with tons of dust and debri. I felt it enter my lungs while I was sweeping. The doctor said it was my blood pressure medicine and changed it to something else. Now she says the choking incident was an allergy to cilantro which I had tasted (not eaten) moments before the event. I had eaten some chips and mild salsa several minutes before choking but I've never been allergic to it before. The coughing is still present, mostly at night and every night.
You should keep liquid Benadryl in the house. If you eat something that you are allergic to and you start to cough or wheeze, quickly drink some cold water then drink somame Benadryl. It is a very useful topical treatment. Then you can take anti-histamine pills.
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll give it a try.