Why do doctors suck *** these days?
Why does it seem that doctors won't answer questions about emphysema?  I was diagnosed a year ago, asked for a CT scan to see what level it was and also if there were any other problems... but the doctor said he wouldn't do the test.  I think it's the bull **** politics and he is just looking at the dollars it would cost, not the morality of it.  I am 36, when i was a kid i remember doctors in my community were very caring and got the job done no matter what test needed to be done etc. etc... but i truly beleive that since Canada immigrated so many doctors from other countries that we as a nation have lost our original nature in caring for those with health problems.  This doens' t come from a predjudice voice but an observant and experienced one.  The result is POOR care and higher costs... it is so sickening.  
I know exactly how you  feel,  I think your dr should do the test, you are young and need to know the things that can help or hurt you, so that you may have to best quality of life. I hope you  can get some help soon, worrying can only make things worse! Let us know how things work out for you.  GOD BLESS
Although I agree with doctors being, very often, uncaring, in this case your doctor is right. A CT scan wouldn't tell him any more than he already knows and it would expose you  to radiation unnecessarily.